March 26, 2013

Teaser Tuesday 3/26/2013 - Clockwork Princess


 


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

                            
                   Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS!
  • Share the title and author so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!          
  •                                         
                           This teaser Tuesday is from Clockwork Princess By Cassandra Clare
                                                                         page #196
    
     He broke off, turning his face away. The light that came down through the window high above illuminated cheek and chin and the curve of his jaw.
     "Only What?"
     "You remember what else i said to you that day in the drawing room"he said"I want you to be happy, and him to be happy. And yet when you walk that isle to meet him and join yourselves together forever you will walk the invisible path of the shards of my heart,Tessa. I would give my own life for either of yours. I would give my own life for your happiness.I thought perhaps when you told me that you did not love me that my own feelings would fall away and atrophy, but they have not.They have grown every day. i love you now more desperately, this moment, than I have ever loved you before, and in an hour I will love you more than that. It is unfair to tell you this, I know, when you can do nothing about it" he took A shuddering breath "How you must despise me"





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I do read every comment and appreciate them :)