October 13, 2012

Review: Prized (Birthmarked #2) by Caragh M. O'Brien

Summary-
Striking out into the wasteland with nothing but her baby sister, a handful of supplies, and a rumor to guide her, sixteen-year-old midwife Gaia Stone survives only to be captured by the people of Sylum, a dystopian society where women rule the men who drastically outnumber them, and a kiss is a crime. In order to see her sister again, Gaia must submit to their strict social code, but how can she deny her sense of justice, her curiosity, and everything in her heart that makes her whole.
 
Review-
This book turned out to be A lot better than I had anticipated. At first I that it was not going to be something that I could get into. How very Wrong I was!! As the story goes along you find yourself in the middle of the main characters world. What a world it is too. Not always a nice place to be. She learns A lot of lessons during her journey. The storyline drawls you in and before you know it you are full of her emotions. It really flows at a good, steady pace. The story easily kept my attention. I have not had the good fortune to read the prequel to this book. I am hopeful that I will get the chance to very soon. You do not have to read the first one to follow along with this book. Although, it would fill in some of the blanks quite nicely. A pleasantly good read.
 
Publisher-Roaring Brook Press
Reviewer Rating: 4 Stars
Reviewed by~Mechele
~Thank you to the publisher for the donation of this book to the Read for your Future book program!~

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I do read every comment and appreciate them :)