October 22, 2012

Review: Nightspell (Mistwood #2) by Leah Cypess

Summary-
Here be ghosts, the maps said, and that was all.
In this haunted kingdom, ghosts linger—not just in the deepest forests or the darkest caverns, but alongside the living, as part of a twisted palace court that revels all night and sleeps through the daylight hours.
Darri’s sister was trapped in this place of fear and shadows as a child. And now Darri has a chance to save her sister... if she agrees to a betrothal with the prince of the dead. But nothing is simple in this eerie kingdom—not her sister, who has changed beyond recognition; not her plan, which will be thrown off track almost at once; and not the undead prince, who seems more alive than anyone else.
In a court seething with the desire for vengeance, Darri holds the key to the balance between life and death. Can her warrior heart withstand the most wrenching choice of all?
 
Review-
  At first I thought this book was just a continuation of the Mistwood. I'm pleased to say that it is not. This book can definitly stand on its own. Although, I would love to read more about the characters from the first book. I'm glad to have had the chance to read this one. I really liked the magnetic personalities of the characters in this book. One of the main things I found interesting about this story was the creepy factor of it. I even had chill bumps. The things that transpire behind the fair facade are quite jarring. The shock factor of the storyline , with it's magic spells, was a surprise in itself. I found myself often wondering ʺwhat the hoo-nanie is going on hereʺ. The main character is willful, blunt, sarcastic and wonderfully entertaining to read about. I can only hope to be able to read more about these characters and their antics. This is a good book to curl up with on a cold, rainy night. Just make sure you're prepared to stay up late. You won't want to put this one down. Happy Reading!!
 
Publisher-HarperCollins Canada / Other      
Reviewer Rating: 4.5
Reviewed by~Mechele
Thank you to the publisher for the donation of this book to the Read for your Future book program!



 
 
 
 
     

1 comment:

  1. I haven't read the first one but this sounds awesome! I love a book I can curl up with and not stop reading. I'll have to grab it off my TBR pile soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I do read every comment and appreciate them :)