July 31, 2012

Review: Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry

Summary-
"I won't tell anyone, Echo. I promise." Noah tucked a curl behind my ear. It had been so long since someone touched me like he did. Why did it have to be Noah Hutchins? His dark brown eyes shifted to my covered arms. "You didn't do that-did you? It was done to you?" No one ever asked that question. They stared. They whispered. They laughed. But they never asked. So wrong for each other...and yet so right. No one knows what happened the night Echo Emerson went from popular girl with jock boyfriend to gossiped-about outsider with "freaky" scars on her arms. Even Echo can't remember the whole truth of that horrible night. All she knows is that she wants everything to go back to normal. But when Noah Hutchins, the smoking-hot, girl-using loner in the black leather jacket, explodes into her life with his tough attitude and surprising understanding, Echo's world shifts in ways she could never have imagined. They should have nothing in common. And with the secrets they both keep, being together is pretty much impossible.Yet the crazy attraction between them refuses to go away. And Echo has to ask herself just how far they can push the limits and what she'll risk for the one guy who might teach her how to love again.
Review-
I am not much for reading contemporary romance. I am more of a paranormal kinda girl. But i saw the cover of this book and fell in love with the book from there. The story between Noah and Echo is deep. It is true and it is honest.
The dialogue is age appropriate for the story and written like a guy and girl would actually talk. The dialogue is what makes the story,for me...
The story is written from two different point of views. His and Hers and I am telling you that it is what makes the book. The author does very well writing a story line to die for. I read this book in a matter of 2 days. I couldn't put it down! It is explosive and addictive and the storyline is very well written and very well executed.
Echo is a girl that has problems. The problems are handled appropriately for the age of the characters. This book made me cry and I hardly do that reading a book. But this book is an emotional ride that I am thinking about reading again and again.
This author is a new author and I am one of her new fans. I will read anything she writes and like it I'm sure. If you have a chance RUN don't walk and get this book. This book is going to be the romance of the summer so don't miss out! It is my pick for Best summer read. It will make you laugh and cry and its almost like reading about friends!.I can hardly wait for Beth's story. I am sure it will WOW me as well as this one did. Books like this one is why Harlequin is known for its love stories! My advice? Get it now and Hurry!
Publisher-Harlequin Teen
Reviewers Rating: 5 STARS!
Reviewed by~Lora
~A special Thank you to Karen Wadsworth at Media Masters Publicity for the donation of this book to the Read for your Future book program!~

2 comments:

  1. Been seeing this book everywhere lately. Nice to read another positive review for this book, because I've been thinking about buying it. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You definitly should get it. I LOVED IT...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I do read every comment and appreciate them :)