November 26, 2011

Review: Balthazar (Evernight) by Claudia Gray

Summary-
Haunted by memories from his first days as a vampire, Balthazar has spent hundreds of years alone—without allies, without love. When he emerges from his isolation to help Skye Tierney, a human girl who once attended Evernight Academy, Balthazar has no idea how dangerous it will be. Skye’s psychic powers have caught the attention of Redgrave, the cruel master vampire responsible for murdering Balthazar and his family four centuries ago. Having learned of Skye’s powers and the remarkable effect her blood has on vampires, he plans to use her for his own evil purposes. As they stand together to fight the evil vampire, Balthazar realizes his lonely world could finally be changed by Skye...just as Redgrave realizes that he can destroy Balthazar once and for all by taking her for his own.
In a story filled with forbidden love and dark suspense, one of the most beloved characters in Claudia Gray’s New York Times bestselling Evernight series will captivate readers with his battle to overcome his past and follow his heart.


Review-
I am a big BIG fan of claudia Gray.The Evernight series is one of my favorite series. So when i heard this book was coming out I had to have it. I had high hopes for my favorite characters to resurface. This book does not disappoint. It is an awesome read. I read it in one sitting.
It is the story of Balthazar (from the Evernight series) I love this character and I love him even more in his own story. Biana and Lucas are mentioned in this book but not enough to take away from Balthazar's story. The author does explain their relationship with Balthazar. So this book can be a stand alone book. The storyline in this book is exciting and action filled. I love the flashbacks of Balthazar's experiences of being turned into a vampire and him adjusting to that life. It has his past love and his current love interest in this book. The storyline is strong and well written and executed very well. The changing of scenes is very smooth.The story swallowed me up and kept me there till the very last page.
The characters in this book are easy to become attached to. They are strong and even though they don't always know what they want they are not afraid to go after it. They are very likable.
If you haven't read the evernight series You are missing out. It is a great series of four books. If you get a chance to read them please do it you wont be disappointed.
The author did leave room for sequels and I hope she does write them. I was sad to say goodbye to the evernight characters but this book gives me hope to fill that void with a new series. I hope that happens.
As far as this book goes. Well done Claudia Gray WELL DONE! Please write  sequel!!

Publisher-Harper Teen
Reviewer Rating: 5 STARS!!!!
Reviewed by~Lora
RELEASE DATE: MARCH 6th

~Thank you to ALISON LISNOW of Harper Teen for the donation of this book to the Read for your future book program!~




2 comments:

  1. Wow! Excellent review! =)
    I've yet to start this series but....I'm thinking I might soon =)

    -★Wendy★
    http://www.mochalattereads.blogspot.com
    A Cupcake and a Latte: Young Adult Reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow u already got a book! i want a copy! :D I didn't read the review coz I didn't want it to spoil the book for me :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I do read every comment and appreciate them :)